Fuzion Dance Studio
FUZION LIVE VIRTUAL DANCE CLASS POLICIES
FUZION LIVE VIRTUAL DANCE CLASS POLICIES
WHEN: The choice is yours! Our virtual classes will include a mix of prerecorded & live classes. You can take class at your leisure with our prerecorded videos & join us for live classes via Zoom per the schedule.
WHERE: Anywhere and everywhere! The beauty of a virtual classroom is your class can be taken in the comfort of your home or anyway that your device has internet access.
HOW: Dancers will need to view the prerecorded videos prior to attending the live Zoom classes to learn the skills, warm-ups, & dances for that week. For the best experience, please follow these tips:
1. Space: Make sure you choose a space that is open and free from obstacles & hazards.
2. Technology: Internet access is required for the virtual classes. Make sure you have access to a phone, tablet, computer, or laptop. If you have the ability to connect your device to your TV- that’s a great option as well! For easier viewing, please select the full screen mode. You may need to adjust the volume on the video & your device.
3. Live Classes: Click on the link provided in the email and enter the password, if applicable. It may be necessary for you to create an account prior to accessing the live video. Be sure to login 5 minutes before the scheduled start time so we can troubleshoot, say hello, and be ready to start class on time. Your camera needs to be on & your microphone needs to be muted. We may ask you to unmute during class to answer questions. Please try to eliminate background distractions as everyone on the live video will be able to see you & your surroundings.
4. Prerecorded Classes: Click on the link & follow the instructions provided in your email. These videos can be viewed as many times as you need/want. Dancers will need to view the prerecorded videos prior to attending the live Zoom classes to learn the skills, warm-ups, & dances for that week.
5. Choose your outfit: Put on your favorite dance attire (dress code or previous costumes) & appropriate shoes. If you’re new to the Studio or have outgrown your dancewear, just wear comfortable clothing you can move in. No jean material or baggy clothing please. Hair should be pulled back & out of the face.
*Special note for tap classes: If you don't have a hard surface in your house to tap on, we suggest getting a plastic chair mat for students to dance on. You can get chair mats at office supply stores and they make specific mats to go over carpet and hard floors if you don't want students tapping on your wood floors.
Since the virtual dance classes take place in your home, you will be required to pay the monthly tuition via debit or credit card. In order to gain access to the class material & links, you MUST pay your monthly tuition no less than one (1) day prior to the first scheduled class. If your account still has a balance due on the first day of class, you will not receive the links to access the class material. Tuition for the virtual dance classes is non-refundable as the Studio spends a substantial amount of time recording & preparing for virtual classes and once the class links are sent out, you will have access to the class material until the scheduled end date. No credits or refunds will be given for the student's failure to participate in the live classes and/or the prerecorded classes (see attendance policy below).
Dance is a progressive program that builds weekly on what was taught the previous week. You will receive email reminders about class, but, ultimately, you are responsible for “showing up” to class by attending the live classes & dancing along with the prerecorded videos. No credits or refunds will be given for the student's failure to participate in the live classes and/or the prerecorded classes.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER, & ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT
By registering for Fuzion LIVE virtual dance classes, I knowingly and freely assume all risks, known or unknown, for participating in this program. I waive the right to any legal action against Fuzion Dance Studio, the owner, or staff, and 514 Archer Ave., and the owner, for any injury sustained during this program. I understand that I am enrolling myself/my child(ren) in a program of physical activity and have agreed that myself/my student(s) is/are in good physical condition and does not suffer from any disability that would prevent or limit participation in this program.
You are advised:
1. You are engaging in this activity at your own risk.
2. It is up to you to perform these activities in an open area free from obstacles & hazards.
3. It is up to you to know your physical limits and go at your own pace.
BY COMPLETING REGISTRATION, I AM AGREEING THAT:
1) I have read the Details, Release of Liability, Waiver, & Assumption of Risk Agreement
2) I agree that I fully understand the terms of participation.
3) I understand the tuition for the Fuzion LIVE Virtual Classes is non-refundable.
4) I understand that no credits or refunds will be given for the student's failure to participate in the live classes and/or the prerecorded classes.
5) I agree to abide by the policies set forth by the Fuzion Dance Studio.